FCAW

Push? Pull? Travel up? Travel down? I'm really new to this, having all my experience with 2g on very thick caisson.

What comments can you offer on a push versus a pull method in a horizontal position?

And what comments can you offer on a travel up or travel down in a vertical position?

Welding common 1/4" to 3/8 plate, angle, etc.

TIA

Steve

Reply to
Steve B

In Flat, Overhead and Horizontal you normally only pull any weld process with a flux coating. This means stick, dual-shield and self-shielded flux-core/

On 1/4" you can get away with vertical down, but for heavier plate vertical is always run uphill.

Reply to
Ernie Leimkuhler