finished cleaning up my new DialArc HF

I got a Miller DialArc HF plus TIG cooler etc from a local club member. I'm not entirely finished checking it out, but it clearly powers up and the HF unit works. I cleaned it up, did some painting, added a power cord and made a cart. Here's a little Web page:

Enjoy.

Grant

Reply to
Grant Erwin

They are nice machines for DC TIG, I used one for many years. AC TIG works, but the square wave available on newer machines is pretty nice. Ernie's comments on the capacitors in the HF and the ones bypassing the diodes are good info.

BobH

Reply to
BobH

That looks almost to nice to use! I dragged home an old HF-P machine with the cooler and all the goodies. I got paid to use if for years, now it's mine.

Reply to
Stupendous Man

Very nice. It all looks brand new in the pictures after your clean up and painting!

Reply to
Curt Welch

I work out of my home shop. I live with several people, many of whom are sort of nit-picky about cosmetics. So I pretty much have to make things look good. I'll tell you, though, my index finger got pretty tired working through all those dang rattle cans! Thanks for your kind words ..

Grant

Reply to
Grant Erwin

Looks very nice. We have Dialarcs at our welding school. The pulling eye in front is a great idea.

Reply to
Ignoramus21403

Google "rustoleum spray grip"... --Glenn Lyford

Reply to
glyford

If I have another large spray project like my shelves I'll have to try that.

My index finger got so tired I started using my thumb which worked for longer without getting tired. But then after a long day of spraying, the tip of my thumb had turned half numb and slightly tingly. It stayed like that for about a week afterwords making we wonder if I had done some permanent damage to it. But it's all back to normal now. Next time, I'll either just buy the paint in bulk and use an air sprayer or get something like that spray grip product.

Reply to
Curt Welch

As always - Nice work Grant!

Martin

Mart> I got a Miller DialArc HF plus TIG cooler etc from a local club

Martin H. Eastburn

If you ever need to get rid of it, lemme know- I'd be proud to show off the machine and cart. I'm actually more impressed by the cart- That's a good job of fittin'!!

Reply to
TinLizziedl

Good job. All the stuff you build has nice clean lines.

Reply to
John L. Weatherly

One thing about that welder setup. Mine had mouse and squirrel nests inside. The welder had so much acorns and nest material in there the entire bottom air screens were blocked. I took the covers off and cleaned enough crap out of them to fill a one gallon bucket, wearing a mask. We have Haunta virus around here. On the welder i put a piece of screen over the "points" so they couldn't get in, and on the cooler, over the white panel is another large gap.

Reply to
Stupendous Man