hand-held electric drill for bigger drills in steel

I'm picking up your wavelength here - must start to think like this. Mild steel is totally forgiving stuff - for sure can temporarily tack bits on and so on without a concern in the world. Thanks again - really appreciate your input. Rich

Reply to
Richard Smith

This all brings back memories (bad) long ago of drilling with a low speed, high torque hand-held drill in limited space. The bit caught, the drill twisted and jammed my hand in the limited space so I couldn't let go of the trigger. Yikes. Had to reach in with the other hand and pull my finger off the trigger. Lucky I didn't get badly hurt.

Reply to
RogerW

Roger has it right...these drills can injure if not shown the proper respect.

I have been an unwilling witness to several people having teeth knocked out, hands broken and an arm broken when Drills Gone Wrong happens.

Be careful...you've been warned.

TMT

Reply to
Too_Many_Tools