handrail cable detail

I was asked about installing small cables under the handrail on a staircase. Anyone done this successfully and made it look clean. The only one I had expereince was in a shop years ago. The shop gave up trying to please the architect and hired two guys with portable swaging equipment and all the associated stainless hardware. That is just too expensive an alternaive. Any suggestions??? Randy

Reply to
Randy Zimmerman

Poke around

-- download their architectural catalog. They tout themselves as the main vendor for cable handrail hardware in the USA.

GWE

Reply to
Grant Erwin

Reply to
Randy Zimmerman

Feeney Wire Rope sells an easily installed cable rail system. They pre-swage the fixed end and sell you the rest of the hardware.

I have used their stuff several times. It works great. Not cheap, but nice stuff.

For fancier stuff buy the Johnson hardware

Ernie Leimkuhler

Thanks Ernie. I think after seeing the dollar signs they are going to go with inserted panels of expanded metal. Not my choice but it's not my dollars. Randy

Reply to
Randy Zimmerman