Some not so quick... quick and easy Christmas presents.

and feeds for stainless when cutting out the notch for the catch. Didn't

ones to be given out as gifts.

Bob La Londe

Nice. How does the TSA react to these nowadays? I've heard mixed reviews. Some "tactical pens" are passed, some are confiscated, and some arrests were made.

Reply to
Larry Jaques

You don't happen to have a job for Mark Wieber, do you? That's the only present he needs.

Reply to
Tàtonkey

Too much work to sell. I do have a tough replaceable pocket clip mechanism figured out, but I just ran out of time.

Reply to
Bob La Londe

No clue. I haven't flown in years. I refuse to be treated like a subject. I'll fly if I have to, but I find I don't often have to.

Reply to
Bob La Londe

What a small, hateful person you are! Is that what makes you happy? If so, you have a flaw in your soul.

Reply to
Tom Gardner

Showoff!

Reply to
Tom Gardner

Right on the mark!

Reply to
Bill

I'm really not. Mark Wieber is, though - only a small, hateful person could routinely call for the murder of people who say things he finds politically unpleasant.

Why do you and Terrell and Jaques all throw in with such a hateful piece of shit as Wieber? What do you think that says about you?

Reply to
Tristan Mauger

The Grinch looks down upon him.

-- pyotr filipivich "With Age comes Wisdom. Although far too often, Age travels alone."

Reply to
pyotr filipivich

How do *I* have a flaw in my soul for mocking someone who routinely calls for the murder of people he doesn't even know? Why do you people throw in with a vile, murder-advocating cretin who is stealing from you?

Reply to
Tristan Mauger

YES!

Reply to
Bob La Londe

Bwahahaha! Nobody believes there was ever any job "offer." At best, you applied for a job and your application went into the trash about 1 minute later.

You were daydreaming about getting a good job, walking away from your debt, and finally buying some land. But it was like dreaming of a lottery win without buying a ticket. Because deadbeats don't get good jobs. Try dreaming about eviction. That's the only way you'll escape your shithole.

Reply to
More Than Rain

I hear that.

The last time I flew, the guy at the TSA x-ray told me to take off my shoes and belt. I laughed, thinking he was joking and he didn't reply. He repeated it as the two Nat'l Guardsmen with M-16s took a step forward. I loudly said COMPLIANCE and hurriedly removed them and set them in the bucket for scanning. That was mid-morning the day the "shoe bomber" had been nabbed. I was flying to Alaska for my 50th birthday 14 years ago. My Nikes and belt passed OK and the Guardsmen stepped back. Interesting morning. Later, I saw the flash on the right wing, the plane shuddered, and a loud crack sounded. We were struck by lightning on approach to SeaTac. The cabin lights dimmed, but the engines didn't skip a beat. 'Twas me first strike.

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Jim Wilkins

It shows me that your one-upsmanship is such a winning strategy. Why don't you go over there and kill his dogs? That will show him! And, you will easily win the philosophical high ground.

Reply to
Tom Gardner

Careful, Tom, you're inciting the disturbed mind of an obsessed stalker.

Reply to
Jim Wilkins

If you've ever worked around a tower that was struck by lightning, you'll know first hand what that induced magnetic pulse can do to unshielded circuits. I spent hours on cross country phone calls arranging for replacement parts, and had one of the techs waiting at the airport for them to arrive after losing audio on every satellite delivered channel on a CATV system because o the manager's attitude of, 'It's just audio, why waste money on shielded cable'? The

Reply to
Michael A Terrell

Our satcom antennas in domes atop military aircraft were protected like this:

What did you use as a reference manual for antenna grounding? My home antenna mast is next to a granite outcrop that keeps me from installing the multiple radials I'd like to have.

-jsw

Reply to
Jim Wilkins

Ha ha ha! You're accusing *me* of "one-upmanship" in a thread about the biggest liar ever in this group, Mark Wieber?

You still have to answer for why you stick up for and side with Wieber. He's a congenital liar and an extremist who wants to kill people who disagree with him. If you're not actually siding with him, why are you too gutless to admit that you find him to be your useful idiot?

Reply to
Tristan Mauger