Strength between c-channel and square tubing

I would like to know for a machine frame(textile dryer) which channel is more suitable for carrying load. 1.6" U-Channel
2.4" Square Tubing
in message

http://www.unistrut.us/DB/PDF_Archive/No_12.pdf
On 12/26/2017 3:18 PM, Wasantha wrote:

Is this for an industrial or commercial setting? If so, you should not be the one making the decision. It is such a naive question that it shows that you are nowhere near qualified enough. No offense, I hope - just trying to keep you out of trouble.
On Tue, 26 Dec 2017 16:45:16 -0500, Bob Engelhardt

(ring, ring) (click) Joe's Auto Body, Joe here. (cough) Um, how much will it cost to fix my fender?
--
Now therefore, be it Resolved by the Fiftieth Annual Convention
of the Veterans of Foreign Wars of the United States, That we

Vertical or horizontal installation? formed channel or extruded? aluminum or steel? what alloy? what kind of load? static or cyclic? What thickness?
All elase being equal I would say 2.4 inch tubing, but seldome in these kinds of questions is "all else equal", or the question would not need to be even considered, much less asked, as the answer is SO obvious.

2.4" tubing is going to be a LOT sronger than 1.6" U-channel, in bending, in torsion, in compression and in tension.
--
Ed Huntress

The strength and stiffness of steel is beyond most peoples' experience so they have no basis to estimate it.
On Tuesday, December 26, 2017 at 12:18:06 PM UTC-8, Wasantha wrote:

Devoid of any idea what 'load' is intended, what joint construction and bracing methods, what material, and what environment, I'd say they are both more suitable. So is bamboo, concrete, and titanium forgings.
Celery stalks, however, suffer structurally in the "dryer" environment.