13 years ago
has a Hobart 25 wire feed, which I actually like a lot.
I rewired this welder to 240v three phase.
The welder works great in stick mode, but refuses to work in MIG
The welder has two Amphenol receptacles, 19 pin (Wirefeed 1) and 5 pin
(Wirefeed 2). The Hobart 25 is plugged into 5 pin receptacle (Wirefeed
1. Stick mode works great. No problems.
2. There is a Stick/MIG/TIG switch on it. If I switch it to MIG (or
TIG) the voltage indicator drops to zero immediately.
3. Switching Local/Remote output control does not help.
4. Switching Local/Remote voltage sensing does not help.
5. I tried removing the plug and messing with the receptacle, somehow
I was recalling that pins A and B should start welding if shorted. It
did not help.
6. If I press the button on the MIG gun, the wirefeed engages and
starts feeding wire.
I have a feeling that I am missing something simple and the welder is
actually fine. I do not have a manual, which I will order if I do not
get a good answer.
Any ideas? What am I missing?>