Hobart Welder Broke

I have a Hobart Stickmate LX AC/DC that I fired up this morning after being idle in the shed for several months. Could not get juice out of the stinger but the fan runs. I therefore opened it up and made sure I had 220 volts after the on switch. I then decided to clean the selector switch with electric contact cleaner. Let it dry, fire it up and the windings were loud, no power at the stinger and it flip the breaker in 10 seconds. I put an ampmeter on it and it was pulling almost 80 amps at idle. Now I'm in trouble, HELP.

Reply to
Mac

I fixed the broken welder. This morning with a cup of coffee I took another look at it and notice that two of the Al. heavy wires going to the selector switch were toching each other. When I pulled the switch back to hit it with the contact cleaner may have pulled them together.After I seperated the wires it worked perfect. I like to thank you guys for the hints and advice. Go to the bar and tell the bartender to put it on my tap. Thanks Again. Mac

Reply to
Mac

The bartender asked what's your credit card number. :)

Reply to
Tom M

"Mac" wrote

Go to the bar and tell the

You have your own tap? Sheesh. My beer gets poured out of the same tap they use for every other rummie that walks in there. How does one get his own tap? Is it expensive? You must drink a lot of beer.

Steve ;-)

Reply to
SteveB

of it for me to do that.

All the analytics I set up, including what I call the daily 'radar' file, depended entirely on keyword monitoring. Items selected for review met a series of include/exclude keyword matches.

Everything.

********** begin excerpt from 'Corruption at Salomon Brothers' **********

Ope's movie "Apollo 13" starring Tom Hanks had just come out:

[snip] ********** end excerpt from 'Corruption at Salomon Brothers' **********

This transfer of proprietary source code that USED to be owned by AT&T did not even qualify for action. Salomon legal stated Salomon has a lower obligation for third-party copyrights than they did for software they contracted for themselves,

Reply to
SteveB