Hoo Boy!

Went to eye doctor today. Got some bifocal contact lenses. Hoo Boy! Also got some new bifocals, the reading part 4.50 and 5.00. Up from 4.00 last glasses three years ago. No wonder I was getting headaches. Asked him about welding with them, and he said so long as I use proper shading, no problem. Said welders only had problems with flash burns. I'd guess they weren't using the right shading. Can't wait to get the glasses, and I got a free pair of the contacts to try out.

Damn, I can see again.

Steve

Reply to
Steve B

BTW, I had a hell of a time welding with my bifocals. I couldn't get the helmet down low enough to see out of the near vision lenses and the filter at the same time.

Then I noticed little detents behind the tension adjusters on my helmet. Loosened the screws, tilted the mask down and all is good.

Reply to
Jim Stewart

I had to use contacts and cheater glasses, but it worked fine. I use an auto dark hood, so I don't have to nod and throw everything off if I am using bifocals. If I am going to do more than fifteen minutes of welding, I put on the double vision special. Have to put on cheaters whenever I wanted to see anything up close or read. Now, I can just wear plain safety glasses over these contacts. I wish I had known about these sooner. I would have gotten them.

If I had known hearing aids were so good, I'd have gotten some five years earlier, too.

I'm slow.

Steve

Reply to
Steve B