Safety specs

Hi,
Does anyone here have prescription safety specs ? If so then I'm interested to hear where they got them from. The type I'm after have the little side shields
and glass (or plastic) string enough to take a hit from flying metal etc.
I did google but am interested to hear people's actual experiences and recommendations.
Thanks,
--
Boo

On Wed, 10 Jun 2009 09:56:13 +0100, Boo

Yes I have a pair with the side shields and bifocal plastic lenses.
They work, in so far as the worst they have had to deal with is dust and stone / brick chips. I got them at the same time as I got new glasses for everyday use, through my local optician.
I can't rememeber the manufacturer of the glasses, and I have long since lost the receipt, but the local optician had no trouble in sourcing them.
--
brightside S9

On Wed, 10 Jun 2009 09:56:13 +0100, Boo

Our optician supplied mine, I don't use the side shields but otherwise they are fine.
The certification/writing on the lenses can be a pain, it is visible at the top if you are looking at a strong light, but otherwise no problem.
I believe that the frames and arms are standard kit, just the side shields and lenses are added to safety specs.
Peter -- Peter A Forbes Prepair Ltd, Rushden, UK snipped-for-privacy@prepair.co.uk http://www.prepair.co.uk http://www.prepair.eu
Boo wrote:

Have you seen the stick-on reading lenses? they work very well for sunglassess too. Look for optx on ebay or elsewhere
On Wed, 10 Jun 2009 09:56:13 +0100, Boo

Haven't got any yet, but am planning to order some next week after payday. The company should pay for at least one of the two pairs, but the overdraft won't stand for me ordering them this week...
I'm torn between:- http://www.spex4less.com and http://www.glassesuk.co.uk /
so I'll probably go somewhere completely different.
Mark Rand RTFM

Loads of people round here recommend these
http://www.goggles4u.co.uk /
Colin
Colin Reed wrote:

I've had good service from www.glasses4eyes.co.uk Not ordered safety glasses from them but I'd be surprised if they can't offer a solution. They are usually very quick to respond to email queries and glasses tend to arrive in a couple of days.
Bob

yes i have some they cost around 7.50 +vat a pair and i get them from mscjlindustrial.co.uk they come in diferent powers i think 1.5 2.0 and 2.5
Nick
On Thu, 11 Jun 2009 10:24:47 -0700 (PDT), nick-holden

Those aren't prescription specs. If one eye needs 1.5 and the other needs 3 then they are totally useless.
Regards, Tony

When I was working we had prescription safety glasses made by UVEX, my employer used Peepers and also Spec Savers, try giving them a call if you have local branches. David