Hose and Fittings for City Water TIG Cooling

For those of you using city water for cooling your TIG torch, what type of hose and fittings are you using. I'm assuming you're not using a standard garden hose. TIA

Reply to
John

I just finished a system like you described. The hose I used is SAE

30R7 fuel line hose which is rated to 50 PSI.

I used Western Enterprises fittings from Arc-Zone to couple to the torch. AW-431 LH female to female, and AW-17 1/4" barbed "B" style to the SAE 30R7.

I control the pressure going into the system with a pressure regulator sold by Doitbest hardware stores that is for protecting motor home systems and keeps the pressure under 50 PSI. Pressure ratings for TIG torches I've been able to find is 50 PSI max.

I also use a 10 micron water filter made by Culligan to keep the water entering the torch clean.

Regards, Luke

Reply to
Luke Warmwater

Any welding supplier can get you a 5/8" left hand hose barb fitting for the water fittings and a few connectors.

The most important part is a water filter. I use a standard under-sink type inline drinking water filter. It keeps sediment from clogging your torch head over time.

I have a ball valve mounted on the filter to turn the water on and off, although a solenoid valve would also work.

Reply to
Ernie Leimkuhler