How much is a 240cf inert gas tank worth

Not all have it. The HD in Sherman does at any rate.

Reply to
Pete C.

So are the right tanks. :)

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

If you can possibly avoid helium, that would be good. The price has gone WAY up. Argon is pretty expensive, too.

Jon

Reply to
Jon Elson

On 01/08/2011 02:02 PM, Winston wrote: My local suppliers have

Well, because nobody actually shops in the store, except the guy with a pair of bottles on the back of his truck. The real customers have 20 bottles a day dropped off at THEIR shop by the gas distributor's truck, and never actually go there themselves. We get nearly daily gas deliveries at work, and their truck is full of bottles and dewars for other customers. All this stuff is ordered by phone, or sometimes just a regular truck stop, the guy picks up all empties and replaces with an equal number of full bottles.

Jon

Reply to
Jon Elson

When you are partial pressure blending breathing gas mix in a 3,000 PSI SCUBA cylinder and adding O2 from full sized cylinders with the normal O2 fitting (found on both welding and aviator grade cylinders BTW) you need a suitable whip with a good (Ashcroft digital) pressure gauge on it.

Reply to
Pete C.

Bear with me here please, Jon.

What does their current customer demographic have to do with anything? If 10% of my business was a 'bricks and mortar' retail outlet and I found out that *any* of my employees was not *delighting* any cash customer that walks in, I would have a talk with that employee to make sure he changed his tune RFN.

The economy is on 'emergency life support'.

We are headed towards flatline. I see no valid reason to send a customer away to spend money at your competitor's store on the internet.

Am I making any sense here? What have I got wrong?

--Winston

Reply to
Winston

The employees are often chosen for their willingness to work for low wages and not on their abilities or knowledge. They are not motivated to care about the customer or his business.

Those driving the economy cart are just trying to wring the last bit of profit out of a dying horse they have killed by neglect and abuse.

Good luck, just my .02

Reply to
Private

With my helth problems I doubt I'll ever be SCUBA diving, so I'll take your word on it. :)

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

It's easier to find a parking space at Home Depot, than at Lowe's around here.

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Don't know what health problems, but SCUBA covers a very wide range of difficulties and there is a lot of neat stuff to be seen even at shallow depths. I took quite a few very nice pictures on a 20' shore dive in Cozumel. Most SCUBA shops do a free or close to free "discover SCUBA" class in a pool that you could check out.

Reply to
Pete C.

100% disabled. I walk with a cane, and can sometimes spend an hour working in my shop. I used to work 8 hours, come home and spend another 6 to 10 hours working in the shop. I have vision problems, and respiratory problems, as well.
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Services' and is in

You could build a ROV. There are some plans on the 'net, good metalworking project.

Reply to
Pete C.

Services' and is in

Yes, but well out of my budget. :(

One of my next metalworking projects is to turn two standard hospital beds into a single full electric bed, then add a post to hold a computer monitor and keyboard. I picked up two scrap hospital beds. One had a bad control, the other has about half the rivets pulling out. I am using it right now, but I need to use it reversed, to elevate my feet & legs enough. That means I can't elevate my head properly, so it's hard to sleep.

Another will be to build a cart for the wire welder and a cart for electrical wire.

My last project was easy. A brand new 50 gallon trash can had both wheels broken when my dad moved. Now it has a pair of solid tired wheels and a chrome plated axle. I was about to use a piece of new 3/8" drill rod when a scrap rod from a wide carriage printer rolled out from under a shelf. It was less than an inch too long, but the wheels are

1/2" bore. I have a couple hundred pounds of scrap steel frame parts for those cheap 'Easy Up" canopies. One type is hollow 1/2" rod. I cut a couple pieces, deburred them and hammered them into the plastic wheels. I used 3/8" fender washers on both sides of the new wheels and hammered on the 3/8" Axle Hat Nuts. The new wheels should outlast the can. :)

I have about 100 pounds of scrap steel rod from old printers and copiers, and use them where ever I can. I also have a heavy pair of gear driven rollers that I plan to use for a motorized wire stripper.

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Flappers taking a end of a endmill that was 3/4 down to 1/2 would take forever!

I used a rotating at high speed oil cooled stone.

Mart>> >>>

Reply to
Martin Eastburn

I don't understand something -

Dallas, Texas

Praxair Distribution, Inc.

4344 Irving Boulevard Dallas, TX 75247 Tel.: 214-638-3820 Fax: 214-638-3828

Store Hours: Mon - Fri: 8:00 am - 5:00 pm Sat: Closed Sun: Closed

They have a Dallas operation.

Mart> Pete C. wrote:

Reply to
Martin Eastburn

Yup.

I was talking about Home Depot stores that Pete C mentioned. They sell Praxair welding gasses, apparently.

I wasn't talking about the regular Praxair 'Pro' outlets.

--Winston

Reply to
Winston