How to weld a Christmas tree ????

I want to weld my own tree this year.What do I need ?

Reply to
Bruno Beam

A piece of pipe or tube for the trunk and lots of 1/8" wire for the branches.

Reply to
Ernie Leimkuhler

Yule poke your eye out...

Reply to
John L. Weatherly

It is easer to cut one I think.

Although, I have been contemplating a design myself. I have a long length of steel cable (it is at least one inch). I was thinking of using sections to form a tree and unwind parts of it to form into branches and so on. If I tack it every now and then it should hold its shape. It might even be down right artful.

Scott

Reply to
Tox

Bruno,

No no no no - - it's called grafting in the tree world !!!!!

AWEM

Reply to
Andrew Mawson

A friend of mine with a cabinet shop has a tool called a "wood welder."

Reply to
Leo Lichtman

Where do you get the rod/wire, a greenhouse?

Resin coated or varnished?

Reply to
Johan

With that pun! :)

Reply to
Johan

downright lethal, more like it

Reply to
ATP

I have been watching this troll child for a while now. He shows up about once a month under a different name and posts some inane low level dreck that a moron would be ashamed of. He has no imagination whatsoever. On the other hand Google search turns op 588 posts between Dec. 11 and Dec.

14 That is quite some output. I am starting to suspect a artificial stupidity.
Reply to
Boris Mohar

Thanks, MOM!

:)

Merry Christmas Tox

Reply to
Tox

Reply to
Cheryl and Rob

Getting the settings on the rod oven are a bit critical though....

Gunner

"To be civilized is to restrain the ability to commit mayhem. To be incapable of committing mayhem is not the mark of the civilized, merely the domesticated." - Trefor Thomas

Reply to
Gunner