Hypertherm or Pakmaster/Cutmaster?

I want to be able to cut expanded metal, draw the least current, spend the least and have cuts clean enough to tig weld as cut. I could see cutting 1/2" aluminum and 3/8" copper on rare occassion. I'm leaning toward the Hypertherm 1000. If I'm willing to max out at 1/4" copper and 3/8" aluminum, and I am, then I'm thinking about the Hypertherm

600. BUT, the 600 is not a G3. What is a G3, and is it better than the 'normal/old' 600? Thanks.
Reply to
sse-16bl

3G is Third Generation. Notice the auto ability in single to 3 phase multiple voltages...

Make sure you can handle the voltage current needed for this larger unit.

I think the 600 is in the same gen, but without the background of prior versions. I don't know them that well to say that is certain.

Martin

Reply to
Martin H. Eastburn