Jackson Auto Dark Welding Helmets

Anyone have any personal experience with Jackson EQC Master Auto Dark welding helmets. I would appreciate any comments or information. Thanks
Travis

I have one and like it. It is shaded a little more than I would like when it is in the setting before you strike an arc. I also do not like the hood, as it barely holds up the lens. It keeps falling down, and then when you tighten it, it won't drop. I have heard from Ernie, and others that the Huntsman 951P is the way to go for headgear that has the mechanics to hold up the added weight of the lens and then drop down. This is only a half issue since you keep the hood down more because of the on-off workings of the lens. But when you do need to keep it up, it is a problem. (no pun intended) AND, I don't really know if your hood will have new and improved ratchets, etc, that deal with this problem.
Other than that, the autodarkening concept is a help to welding, as you can start an arc more accurately, especially if you wear glasses.
Steve

Great lenses, lousy hoods. You can get the Jackson lenses in Huntsman hoods by special order. Huntsman hoods are much better.
Travis Mahone wrote:

I've had one for about five years and I love it. It is developing some 'places' on the lens. The 'places' darken all right, but are dark spots in the lighten mode. These spots seem to grow a bit over time, almost like a fungus. So far they haven't bothered use of the helmet.
John