Laser or plasma

I'm filtering him out now. Boasting about welding skill and denigrating one of the best craftsmen on this newsgroup is bad enough, but proving a low I.Q. by using bad language is too much for me.

He probably doesn't realize that his posts will linger for years- perhaps decades- and anyone looking him up on line will see these.

Painting himself into a corner.

Reply to
Tin Lizzie DL

I try not to killfile any but those that continuously post political stuff and/or multi-crosspost . Even a blind pig finds an occasional acorn .

Reply to
Snag

I thought that our newsgroup was about pleasant stuff, like welding...

Ignoramus15251

"Ignoramus15251" wrote in message news:DYKdnZJJ9d5TY7PSnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@giganews.com...

These guys are on an ego trip, charging more than they are worth. There are at least ten thousand guys out there with the same talent. I just called them on it..... ;>)}

Reply to
Phil Kangas

Last time I got paid for welding it was 25 bucks for stickin' pieces of a mower trailer back on for a low budget lawn service . Not much ego to my welding , I just flat ain't all that great a weldor . I was quoted 80 bucks to repair a 1 inch crack in an aluminum wheel . That wheel is now in my "melt pile" awaiting getting cut into pieces that'll fit my crucible .

Reply to
Snag

The free marked decides such things. If a person is willing to pay the price asked for any goods or service, that's free enterprise at work. If the price is too high, the buyer simply doesn't buy. Who's to say what is worth what? The market, I say. Not any governmental agency, nor any person who claims to know who is worth what. The person who is on the ego trip is the one who claims to know every other person's talent or worth, yet whose own is dubious.

Reality speaks for itself.

And it speaks so loudly that there is a real shortage of qualified welders. It is funny that no matter what the conversation, when you bring up welding, everyone knows how to do it, and are certified or qualified. And it's so easy a monkey could do it. Yet, you give them two pieces of metal to be welded together in a specific manner, and uh, um, err .....................

Steve

Reply to
Steve B

replying to Steve B, BikerTom wrote: Same pricing scheme in Thailand guys on this kind of stuff and other Artisan crafts.... they think any white guy has bags of money and no brain!! ha ha ha I offer a reasonable price, and if they balk, just walk away.

Reply to
BikerTom