Let's hope that this does not happen to our homes and businesses

You can see cylinders zipping through the air.

Ignoramus4763

I couldn't believe all the IDIOTS driving by this massive conflagration, even after cylinders were being blown out RIGHT next to the highway. If I saw something like that even obliquely in front of me, I'd get over on the shoulder and start backing away! There's one, about 3/4 of the way through, that drives by a burning cylinder that must have been 15 feet from the road! Sheesh!

We had a PraxAir facility blow up about like that in St. Louis a couple years ago, but nobody got video that good of it.

Jon

Reply to
Jon Elson

I like the one at 1:39 that goes left, then explodes in mid air. Pretty good launch at 1:51, too. The program "Destroyed in Seconds" had it on from several angles, and it's awesome on a big screen TV. Note the smoke is blown away and sucked back by the shock waves.

I heard a rumor it started by some guy lifting a cylinder by the cap.

Just joking.

Definite proof that shit happens. Even in a professional environment with trained people.

Steve

Reply to
SteveB

What also amazes me is how people in police situations go closer to get a good look. When I see the first gun, I'm outta there fast. A guy I know walked up so close during a guns drawn situation that he was arrested for obstruction. He is an idiot. Lucky he didn't get shot.

Steve

Reply to
SteveB

I'm a career firefighter/emt and have seen the idiots in person. I have 2 reflections that apply #1 "Failure to recognize a hazard" and #2 "Everybody wants to see the severed head" . Reasons for #1 range from naivety & ignorance to stupidity but more and more stem from arrogance, as in the belief that "Whatever thing I'm doing right now is so important that no one/thing/outside force could possibly have a right to interfere or disrupt me in my quest" This is well evidenced by people who try to pass/outrun/drive around fire apparatus or, even more simply by people that park on fire hydrants. #2 Developed from years of highway accident operations where the people driving by the scene always seem to be looking at the wreckage/flashing lights / firemen/ whatever but not at the road or car ahead.

And of coarse 1+2 = job security

Andrew

Reply to
AndrewV

--Crimmeny talk about nerve; who shot the video?

Reply to
steamer

"I heard a rumor it started by some guy lifting a cylinder by the cap.

Just joking.

Steve "

Now that's funny right there, I don't care who you are, unless of course you are the guy lifting cylinders by the cap. :)

Reply to
fixer33

I drove by one fire scene once at night. There were so many flashing lights from all directions that I really wouldn't have been able to see if some walked in front of me, but the police were rushing me through. I didn't think they had any idea how bad visability was.

Reply to
Bob F

Oh I think it's very funny.

Funny that so many otherwise intelligent people, will jump at the chance to perpetuate an urban legend, instead of discussing the facts.

Reply to
Watson