Like ridin' a bicycle

I have been doing some welding lately, getting my shop together. Today my neighbor showed up on his tractor to get the hooks I bought for him at least a year ago welded on. (things and people move slow in these parts)

Some hefty weld-on chain hooks. Tacked them with 7018, and made a nice full rod pass down each side. Sure looked pretty. I wanted to do a figure 8 cover to really make it look fancy, and he said, "How strong are those like they are?" I said, "Supposed to be 70,000#." He said if he broke one off that next time I could weld it stronger. First time I have run a few rods in quite a while.

The SA200 is running fine.

Just like ridin' a bike.

Steve

Reply to
SteveB

SteveB wrote: ... First time I have run a few rods

It's all in where you are on the learning curve. Me, I'm still on the steep part, so I slide back down when I stop. I you're way out on the top, *flat*, part you just sit there.

I think I pretty much exhausted that metaphor, Bob

Reply to
Bob Engelhardt

Feels good, doesn't it...

I should weld more...

I have a slightly broken shear/brake/roll tat I will be welding this weekend or soon thereafter.

Ignoramus24590

I have this theory that anyone can get good at anything if they just do it a few thousand hours.

Except golf.

Steve

Reply to
SteveB

"SteveB" wrote in sci.engr.joining.welding:

AND Politics...

Reply to
RAM³

OH? For a minute there I thought you got laid.

Reply to
Tim

Only difference is on a bike, you can fall off.

Reply to
SteveB

OH? For a minute there I thought you got laid.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ ONLY difference? Mind telling what kind of bike? Recumbent?

Reply to
Leo Lichtman