Lincoln short hood SA200

Yesterday I bought another one. This one's a '56 model. The camshaft
broke in two while the previous owner was welding with it. He's pretty
elderly and decided he'd be better off welding with a plug in machine.
It appears to be identical to the '50 model machine except the shroud
on the front of the generator is flat rather than rounded. It's on a
better trailer, too. It has a suspension. The '50 model is on a
rusted out trailer with a straight axle. Towing it is like towing an
overinflated basketball.
Guess I'll refurb the old one and put it on the back of my old red
Dodge 1 ton. Now my wife and I can have "his and her" machines. Ain't
that romantic?
Can somebody tell me what color those welders were? Is that the
so-called "red face" machine?
Thanks!
Vernon
Reply to
Vernon
"Oh gee, this one welder is giving me so much trouble -- I think I'll get another one!"
Sorry, couldn't resist.
So has it answered your carburetor linkage questions?
Reply to
Tim Wescott
Pretty much.
It looks identical in every way.
As an "added benefit" I'm 99% certain that the engine failure (camshaft fractured at drive gear) answers the mystery of what happened to my forklift. I bought an Allis Chalmers forklift with the Continental F163 engine in it for five cents a pound. Previous owner said it was running fine then "just died". That's pretty much the identical words the previous owner of the welder used. However, he got to the bottom of the mystery. I never did tear into the forklift.
Has anybody ever replaced a cam in a F162 or 163?
Vern> Vern>
Reply to
Vernon
They were grey. It's a "red face" if the face plate background is red as opposed to black.
JTMcC.
Reply to
JTMcC
Thank you, JT
The engine on one of the machines has traces of red paint on it. That's why thought that 50 years ago, it was red.
JTMcC wrote:
Reply to
Vernon
Could be but i've only seen em in grey. Ask Lincoln, call the tech line and talk to a real person and he should be able to find out for you.
JTMcC.
Reply to
JTMcC