Little OT annealing and re-tempering

To bend some AL tubing (6061 T6) with thin walls I am having some problems
without annealing it first. But after great research I am finding it hard to
find out how to re-temper the metal or heat treat it after annealing to the
T6 properties. Any one here able to give me the low down of heat treatment
(preferably a local treatment so I can re-temper the welded sections as
well) I am aware of oven treating the part and know it would be best, but I
am unable to afford the cost and I am not in a local that has a oven
available.
The metal I am bending is 6061 T6 1.75" OD and 0063"wall if that will make a
difference.
Thanks in Advance
Ben
Reply to
Ben
I don't think it is feasible to heat treat 6061 to T6 at home without the proper heat treat oven. The process is very particular about temperature profiles and time.
Gary
Reply to
Gary Coffman