Low power arc weld

The 6011 came in. It didn't really do it right for me. I acknowledge that Gunner and Ignoramus were right and that 70 amps is not enough. It only really starts the arc easily with the 1/16" 6013. Must be a reason why

1/16" 6011 is not standard.

Maybe the neighborhood shop gets to keep the rods that don't work for me. I'm still satisfied that I've got a good system to weld up the small arms targets that I bought it for. Just can't do much else. Works fine on small brackets welded to clean rebar.

There must be some kind of a "rule of thumb" that you select a welder that puts out max power equivalent to the max range of the electrodes-wire/electrode-chart. I learn the hard way.

Reply to
Stumpy

The rule of thumb is that with a good honest source of 125 amps and at least

45 OCV, you can weld anything with 1/8" welding rods. i
Reply to
Ignoramus438