MIG and tighter spots

There are many occasions that I can't get my MIG gun into a place very well. Because the head on the gun is so big.

I imagine if I were building a header, some of the tight spots in between runners might give me trouble.

Sometimes I'm so deseperate I unscrew the defuser, but it doesn't shield very well then. :P

Any tips? I know I should be using a TIG. but.. gotta use what you've got at the moment.

Reply to
jj3000

Most MIG guns have optional gas nozzles. You can get very narrow gas nozzles that make welding in tight spots much easier.

Reply to
Ernie Leimkuhler

jeremy snipped-for-privacy@my-deja.com wrote: clip) Sometimes I'm so deseperate I unscrew the defuser, but it doesn't shield very well then (clip) ^^^^^^^^^^^ Is this possibly a place where flux-core would have an advantage?

Reply to
Leo Lichtman

Reply to
Randy Zimmerman

Hmm. really. Does lincoln has one, my welder is 135T.

Reply to
jj3000

They should.

Reply to
Ernie Leimkuhler

I took a spare nozzle to the grinder and made it into a point shape. It gets into corners and is CHEAP.

Reply to
Mike