mig welders

Hi there,
Is anyone familiar with AMT mig welders, it's not a make I know of but
maybe other newsgroup readers have heard of them.
Thanks
Smokeyone
Reply to
Smokeyone
I'm not familiar with them but I may have found their Web site. Hope it helps!
There's also a bit of info about them on the Weld Expo site:
"I'm not grown up enough to be so old!"
Reply to
Keith Marshall
At work we use these people
Personally I have never used stainless mig wire from these, or any other supplier for that matter, so I don't know how their price compares, I have only ever used stainless electrodes from them.
All the best
Ian
Reply to
Ian Humphrey
Do you mean AMD? If so, I have used one. They are made in Italy. Not my choice for my only welder, but not bad for a apare.
Reply to
cope
Now it's mig welders & steel repairs------
Thanks everyone for the replies. Now I have found their web site at least I can find out the specs. If I could ask another question please regarding chassis repairs. Am I correct in assuming that if you need to repair the side of a steel vehicle chassis, lets assume its a rectangle shape patch it is better for strength if the repair patch is shorter at the top than at the bottom eg 5 ins wide at the top, 4 ins deep & say 6 ins wide at the bottom. The other point I would like to check is if you repair the patch correctly it should be flush with the surrounding metal......do you just wedge the metal in the hole or is there a special way to hold it in place why you start your tack welds.
Thanks again
Smokeyone
Reply to
Smokeyone
I'm afraid I can't help you there. It would probably be a good idea if you start a new thread with a different subject so you'll bring it to the attention of those who do know something about it.
"I'm not grown up enough to be so old!"
Reply to
Keith Marshall

Site Timeline