miller 130xp voltage change?

I will be moving to a country that is 220volt and I was wondering if it it possible to change the 130xp over run on 220 volts?

Reply to
highonthai

If it doesn't have a 220 volt connection on the input, you'll need to get an autotransformer for 220V or 240V in and 120V out for the welder. Try an electrical supplier. Tell them what you're doing, and they should be able to set you up easily.

I got a deal on a Miller XMT 304 that runs on single phase, but only had 480V/600V inputs. I got a used transformer from an electrical supplier and now have the only two-car garage in town with 600V electrical service. (So I've got a 75 pound inverter welder supplied by a 130 pound transformer...)

Good luck,

Tim

Reply to
tim124c41

Umm

Are you SURE your XMT is only 440 plus?

Mine does 240 1 ph to 575 3 ph

it WAS used as a 440 3ph and its now downstairs > snipped-for-privacy@sbcglobal.net wrote:

Reply to
Brent Philion

Hi Brent,

Miller makes some variations of the XMT. Mine autoswitches 440V or

575V and will take either one or three phase input, but it doesn't do 240V. I checked and found I'd have to replace the main circuit board and a few other parts to get 240V input. A used lighting transformer was a lot cheaper.

Tim

Reply to
tim124c41