Millermatic 175- Ok for roll cage?

Have a Harbor Freight 220v mig I want to junk for the "infinite voltage control" on the miller. I'd like to try a cage and back half on my '67 dart. Sorta a newbie. ?

Reply to
Mark

Mark, It will work like a champ. No problems at all. Given all the repositioning you will be doing it will cool itself off during the off-trigger time too. It's a solid machine. You looking at a pre-fab kit or doing it from raw stock?

Rob

Fraser Competition Engines Chicago, IL. Long Beach, CA.

Reply to
RDF

A friend and I are looking into a high doller bender for our future shop. If not, I'll go with a pre-fab kit. Thanks for the info Rob.

Reply to
Mark

No problem Mark, Good luck with the project and I hope it works out for you guys. Any way you do it it's a fun project. I'm sure you know about the Jeg's "Jegster" kits- A client of mine built his car out in stages and he used three kits to finish the car to a 16pt and back-half on a 1984 Camaro and he said the kit was dead on perfect, all three stages. a little fitting was all he needed to do and I built the motor plates, engine(s) and rear end. The stuff they sent him was top-notch for what he paid. It came out really well and it was his first project car. It looks like it came straight out of a chassis shop and he did it all by the pre-bent stuff and box rails. It's just testimony that I saw one of the kits in "real life" and it's really cost effective and well laid out. I had no problem with the engine plate geometry and the Strange 9" dropped right into place on the first shot. Not bad for a 4 link with coil overs and a track locator centerlink.

All the best,