need more rod to learn with

finally used up my 5# of 6013, just when i was hitting a stride long enough for me to actually experiment.

and I still got some projects to go.

been mainly welding rusty, half buried, chunks of metal that i find in the illegal dump behind my place, build myself a hanger for garden and air hoses, and started on a stump puller(visualize a giant crowbar)

anyway, I am out of 6013, the stuff i am welding now isn't critical, so what should i experiment with? what AC rod is the hardest to play with? whats the second easiest? should i go get another 5# of 6013 or get a pound each of 60xx, 70xx, 80xx, etc.?

Reply to
Tater

Get some 6011 as well as 6013. 6011 P is a bit easier with AC. maybe some

7014.... very easy rod. Randy
Reply to
Randy Zimmerman

I'd recommend 6011 in 3/32" and 1/8". Use it for welding trough rust, paint and grease and moisten the rod and crank up amperage for cutting.

JFD

Reply to
Surfin'

Reply to