New Zealand Welding machines?

A friend of mine left for New Zealand a year ago to work at Weta
Studios as a sculptor.
She is looking for a good brand of small MIG welding machine to buy
used in New Zealand.
Any ideas?
Reply to
Ernie Leimkuhler
Migomag, not sure if they make it across the trench.

kelly
We have a lot of the Chinese imports here, as per Ebay (but more expensive). In terms of what is supported, Migomag and CIG and BOC are around. As best I can tell, BOC is the same Chinese stuff with a different label and higher cost.
Gas is a ripoff duopoly in NZ with BOC and Airl liquide stitching the parket up between them so there are few owner bottles, and they won't fill them. If she does get an owner bottle (or use an ex-oxy bottle for argon/ mix gas) go to Supagas for the filling and testing if she has one locally. Geoff
Reply to
Geoff
Thanks I will forward your info.
Reply to