Off to a bad start

I heard this in the news and it totally bugs me.

The kid is 16 and probably working on his 1st or 2nd job of his life when something like this happened. It's to bad. I guess the good thing is he is still alive, it could have been a lot worse.

Reply to
Kevin

That is the classic example of why we do NOT weld or flame cut any type of container until we have personally verified it has been vented, flushed, cleaned, and re-checked for a neutral atmosphere.

Hell, even neutral atmospheres can blow up if heated too much without proper venting...

It is a shame that the young man didn't realize the dangers himself, but it also shows a failing of the schooling he had, and the company he was working for. In my opinion, all three parties bear responsibility for this.

Hopefully he will learn from this, continue in the trade, and teach others about what happened to him.

Reply to
TinLizziedl