Ping: Steamer...

Did you get your Dog-o-vator built? How did you do it and how did it work?

Pete C.

Reply to
Pete C.

Im....a bit afraid to ask.......

If an exc-a-vator digs holes in dirt.....

Gunner

Gunner Asch

So do dogs...

Dog-o-vator as in the handicapped dog elevator mentioned in the "Dumbwaiter plans??" thread.

Pete C.

Reply to
Pete C.

Well you have heard of a Cat-A-Pult haven't you?? :)

Reply to
Glenn

Whew..I was worried about something that would dig holes in dogs.

Gunner

Gunner Asch

Gunner

Gunner Asch

--Haven't started yet but am assembling materials. Working on simpler first step: a gate at the bottom of the stairs to keep my faithful four-legged fans from trying to follow me up the stairs when I need to make a quick trip. Woulda had it hung yesterday but I made the mistake of using the environmentally-friendly version of RustOleum which, instead of drying tack-free in 15 min takes something like 12

*hours*. Can clogged too, the usual setbacks. Got better paint last night, hope to get it installed today, then on to the dogavator. --I'm liking the idea of using black iron pipe guides with PVC tube runners at edges of lifting box. I'll set up a jib crane and use my old electric hoist, the one that uses bicycle chain, as I've spliced extra chain onto it so's I can lift things from ground level up to a second floor.
Reply to
steamer