Pipe Joining Geometry

Can some one help me with joining two steel pipes in a tee shape, I need to make a stencil to cut the center pipe to the right shape, and I cant find my book anywhere.

the pipe sizes vary, could be 2.5" to 5", but i'm assuming the formula will be the same..

Many thanks

Reply to
T Black

"T Black" wrote in news:1153991023.234928.102180 @i3g2000cwc.googlegroups.com:

There are two free computer programs that will give you a printed template of the "fishmouth" shape you need to cut on the end of the pipe.

Winmiter is available at:

Tubemiter at:
under the Spreadsheet section)

Both let you spec' the two tubes' diameters and the intersect angle. Winmiter assumes a thin tube wall, while Tubemiter lets you specify the wall thickness. This is important on pipe. Winmiter allows you to spec' an offset from the tubes' centerlines, Tubemiter does not. Tubemiter is only in mm, while Winmiter lets you select in. or mm.

I've used them to make patio umbrells stands. Even a double fishmouth where the vertical tube (2" EMT) meets the center of the "X" base (2"EMT).

Ken

Reply to
Ken Moffett

Reply to
gaustin

That is a VERY nice website!

Bookmarked for further perusal.

Thanks for posting it

Gunner

"I think this is because of your belief in biological Marxism. As a genetic communist you feel that noticing behavioural patterns relating to race would cause a conflict with your belief in biological Marxism." Big Pete, famous Usenet Racist

Reply to
Gunner