polishing aluminum welds?

hello all. I'm wondering if there are any tricks to nice shiny welds
with polished aluminum. I tried a T-Joint with two pieces of tube,
both sanded down to 600 grit paper. After I welded the pieces
together I polished them. the tubes got shiny, the weld got shiny,
but where the weld bead met the tube it wasn't shiny. (I'm guessing
that would be the heat affected zone.) after a lot more polishing I
was able to get it to look better, but not perfect. Is there any way
to get rid of the shadow around the weld other than sanding?
thanks, dave
Reply to
dave
Use steel wool, like a Brillo pad.