Re; 15m wire feeder

I need a spool gun for the Lincoln 15m suitcase unit somebody out there with one for sale. I want to weld aluminum. Thanx

Reply to
Expediter

That makes no sense. A spoolgun has it's own feeder built in. All it would require is at most an interface box for your power source.

What would work with a Power Feed 15M is a push pull system like an MK Python.

The 15M requires a Lincoln Powerwave power source. So you can run any of the Lincoln supplied spoolguns, or any of the aftermarket spoolguns such as an MK Prince gun.

A spoolgun has nothing to do with a wire feeder like a 15M

Reply to
Ernie Leimkuhler

Is that particular setup capable of working under water?

Please don't feed the trolls.

Steve ;-)

Reply to
SteveB

I figured out how to build a spoolgun and push-pull system for under water welding, but there is really no market. Underwater welding is shunned in the off-shore industry now unless absolutely necessary. I just learned that Caldive has even banned underwater burning unless there is just no option. It just takes one hydrogen explosion, and one dead diver for the family to bring on a multi-million dollar law suit. The off-shore industry is ruled by insurance companies now.

Reply to
Ernie Leimkuhler