Re: Good Idea/Bad Idea? FREE AIR TANK from me

If anyone wants a small 1-2 gallon air tank, for free, in Chicagoland, contact me now. Will need a couple of NPT fittings.

I do not really believe in usefulness of a second tank close to load, based on my experience with longish air supply lines. (50-100 feet) Things work just fine without one. If an air tool takes 1 second longer to start up, who cares -- they are usually based on turbines anyway.

But if anyone needs one, feel free to pick up -- 25 miles west of Chicago. It is going to garbage next Tuesday.

> >> Yep that is what I do. I run 100 feet of ½-inch air hose from the machine >> shop to where I am working. there it goes into a 5-gallon portable tank, >> with another 50 foot hose to the air tool I am using. Other wise the >> pressure drop is so great over the 150 feet distance, that my ¾-drive impact >> won't put out any more torque than a typical cheapo' ½-drive harbor freight >> impact. It works so I keep putting off laying 1-inch black iron pipe to >> carry air to the garage area. > > Guys, I love it on here - top info. > > I had never thought of doing something like this. I have a small 2HP > compressor that I wheel out of the garage & a permanent 3HP one in the > garage, it never crossed my mind to run an airline to another reservoir. > Will 'play' at the weekend. > > Have a good one, one and all. > Balders (goes back to lurking again)
Reply to
Ignoramus32515

I was born in St. Charles Ill. and spent my childhood years in Glen Ellen (Valley View). I live in AZ now so I won't be picking up the air tank, but are you close to one of these areas? Just curious - I haven't been back there in a very long time.

Greg

Reply to
ConcreteArtist

I am about 15 miles away from St Charles.

Ignoramus32515