Re: Miller MAXSTAR 150S

Has anyone in the group seen in person or used the new Miller MAXSTAR 150S?

> I'm wondering what the overall quality, look and feel of the thing is as > well as how well it works. >

I don't think anybody has actually seen one yet since Miller has yet to ship them. B&R is preselling them.

I've found the stick version for as low as $585.00 at B&R welding and think > I can justify that cost on my first project since I want to build a rack for > my truck that would cost over $600.00 if store bought. >

Makes sense.

After my planned project of building a custom truck rack / antenna mount for > my ham radio antennas, it will mostly just see occasional hobby use with > various 1/8th wall mild steel rectangular stock projects. > > > I'm also wondering if it is easier to lay a good looking bead with a "DC" > welder such as the MAXSTAR. I only have the experience of one welding > project under my belt, a rack I built for my previous truck while working > for a company that had a Miller welder half as big as my truck in the shop > that I was able to use. About a quarter of the way through the project I > was laying a fairly good looking bead using E6013 drag rod. > > Thanks for any advice. > > David KG2LI > >

The Maxstar inverters are really nice machines. I had a Maxstar 140 before my current Maxstar 200DX.

They are very easy to use and lay nice beads.

Reply to
Ernie Leimkuhler