Retrofit water cooler?

--Time to modify my little basic Econotig to include some sort of cooling for the operator. Anyone got recommendations for same? --TIA,

Reply to
steamer

4 gallons of lemonade in a 5 gallon cooler with a gallon of ice. Of course, if you wanted to cool the torch, you'd try something a bit different, but this should serve to cool the operator quite well ;-)
Reply to
Ecnerwal

--Lemonade would be a good beginning! Actually, while work is being done on my shop it seems the only time I can weld is early morning until it gets too damn hot (around 10:AM; some October, huh?) and early evening until it's dark. At the moment I'm running lights with extension cords and there's only one socket that works, plus the welder, so... Anyway, after the hand is cooled down I want to cool the mask so's I don't fog it up so much in the heat of the day, so I'm *also* looking for some sort of low-end bodge to keep the sweat to a minimum..

Reply to
steamer

If you don't need it to be battery powered it should be pretty easy to make your own fresh air hood.

I can send you pictures of the duct from my Racal hoods. It is a pretty simple piece of vacuformed plastic.

All you would need is a muffin fan, a reducing cone that reduces the fan diameter down to a 1-1/2" hose, and some lightweight vacuum cleaner hose.

Reply to
Ernie Leimkuhler

I'll trade you, Ed - I spent most of today fiddling with rebar in the snow for my shop. In a word, ick.

Reply to
Ecnerwal