Running 200 amp inverter from generator?

Posted a question a couple of days ago concerning using a Readywelder for trackside repairs at vintage mx meetings.

Already have a 200amp TIG inverter, and just wondered what sort of size generator would be needed to run this machine?

I think perhaps its going to be 6-7kva, which really means the Readywelder is perhaps the better choice, as a 6-7kva genny is going to be very expensive, and I dont really have any other use for it.

John

Reply to
John

I had a Colemate 5500 generator tha ran my Maxstar 200DX just fine.

The generator eventually crapped out and I returned it to Costco for a refund. I plan on getting a better one in the future.

Reply to
Ernie Leimkuhler