Rusted Welding Wire!

replying to CDC, charlie wrote: the flux core welding wire used to be bright and shinny but no longer as every thing we have found is garbage == unless the wire is clean and shinny or bright do not use it // we believe one foreign manufacture is making wire for all of the major suppliers and because most are covered in a covering you don't see it until you get it out to use == every manufacture we have looked at is the same leaving us little people with no wire == does any know where or who to buy from == we require clean bright and shinny wire and with out it we can not lay down a decent weld

Reply to
charlie

Great, now it's not just home moaners hub, but some polly tech forum leeching off usenet to drive clicks. sigh.

Reply to
Scott Lurndal

If you are governed by AWS Farm Code :-) then it is permissible to spray your MIG wire with WD40 to prevent rusting ;-)

Reply to
Richard Smith

Yup! Ya got my vote. What about daisy chaining Scotchbrite with an earpluy, not too much drag and one for the heavy rust and the other to get it squeaky clean?

Reply to
lancando

those new clamp style paper clips work

Reply to