Santa came early this year.

I just uploaded some pics of my new welder I got at auction a couple of weeks back to my home page. Feel free to have a look if you want.
Wayne Cook Shamrock, TX http://members.dslextreme.com/users/waynecook

We too have gotten some Cobras from Boeing. They all needed to be rebuilt, but it still saved us loads of money.
Most of ours came on BIG Bernard jib boom carts.
BTW the water cooled Cobra CAN NOT be run without the water cooler. The power leads in the water cooled cable sets are smaller with lighter insulation. If you run them without the water cooler, you can melt the power lead. You could just get a replacement air-cooled power lead from MK so you could dump the water cooler or use it somewhere else.
On Sat, 25 Dec 2004 12:44:44 GMT, Ernie Leimkuhler

It definitely has some issues but most seem minor so far. I definitely need a new knurled drive wheel though.

Interesting. I've seen some pictures of booms for the wire feeders but never seen one in the flesh.

Good point. I knew that but had forgotten. I ran into that on the water cooled leads to the old plasma we had at a previous employer. The pump went bad and didn't flow enough water to cool the lead. It melted through the hose in several places.
I've not run this one much since all I'm doing is testing it so far but I think I definitely need to check out the water today since it doesn't seem like it's flowing. The pump will get rather hot if I leave it running very long.

Probably a good idea for me. It'll be rare for me to need though I have run a wire welder for a couple of hours at a time to build up stuff.
The only real drawback to the whole rig is the size and weight of the leads. I'd imagine that going to air cooled would reduce that somewhat.
Wayne Cook Shamrock, TX http://members.dslextreme.com/users/waynecook
Wayne Cook wrote:

That is a nice haul!
Is the Paper punch - really a punch or does it drill three holes with hollow drills (used them that way).
If drills, use a stick of bees wax on the outside of the drill to lube - and if it doesn't go in well, you might have 'holes' jammed in the drills or exit areas.
Cool -
I scored myself :
Got my 1/3 HP - yes 1/3 (the new model) of a Foredom tool, and a really killer book - (few other gloating items as well :-) )
I'll post the PDF I made of the book data - but in short - Amazon - ISBN 0823007626 "The Colouring, bronzing and patination of metals" ~$55 USD - list $85USD - 372 pages, 220 in color (colour!) - Author U.K. English. Richard Hughes and Michael Rowe - did the research on coloring metal - the back 75% or more! is chemical and methodology concepts for the color pictures. It is a little over sized, 8 1/4 x 11 1/2". But It just fit on another shelf.
Martin
--
Martin Eastburn, Barbara Eastburn
On Sun, 26 Dec 2004 05:20:56 GMT, "Martin H. Eastburn"

It's got the hollow drills alright.

Ok. Good info if I ever try to use it.

Great.

Interesting. I used to have a book with a bunch of info on old bluing and browning recipes. It may still be around but my storage room is a mess right now.
Wayne Cook Shamrock, TX http://members.dslextreme.com/users/waynecook
Shamrock, Tx I have not been their in years. I got family in Samnorwood, Tx, and my great grandmother lived in Shamrock when I was a little kid. Nice City and beatiful country.
Glenn Houston, Tx

Thanks.
I'd say that knowing about Samnorwood is a pretty good test for knowing this area. :-)
Shamrock is not what it used to be since the carbon black plant closed down and most of the gas companies have moved on to more fertile ground. However it's still a fairly nice place to live if you can make enough money to do so.
Wayne Cook Shamrock, TX http://members.dslextreme.com/users/waynecook