Senior Moment

I was finishing up the OA cart today, and couldn't get an arc. I was using my Dynasty 200DX in stick mode with 6011 rod. Checked out the setup several times. I finally noticed that I had the stick in backwards. Good grief.

Pete Keillor

Reply to
Pete Keillor

RoyJ

As a friend said to me recently, "As we get older, we don't lose our minds. Our "forgetters" just get better!"

Rob

Fraser Competition Engines Chicago, IL. Long Beach, CA.

Reply to
RDF

"Pete Keillor" wrote: (clip) I finally noticed that I had the stick in backwards. (clip) ^^^^^^^^^^^^^ I never have that problem, since my welder is AC only, so polarity is not relevant. :-)

Reply to
Leo Lichtman

I smoked my commercial 5hp rotary converter tonight trying to start what turned out to be a 10hp motor so I could breadboard up a bigger rotary converter to run my big Airco Phase Arc 350.

Damnit

Anyone want to trade a MINTY Airco 3ph Mig will do marvelous spray transfer, 350 amp, with new Tweeco torch, beautiful condition, low time, for a good Mig I can use on 220 single phase and run .045 wire with?

Anyone have a larger rotary converter?

Gunner

Gunner Asch

- Pete Keillor - spluttered in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

Most of the stick welding I've done has been maintenance type stuff. I have a habit of always twisting a new rod in the holder, even out of a brand new box.

Reply to
Greg M

">- Pete Keillor - spluttered in

And I'll bet (if yer like me), the first thing you did was look both ways to see if anyone was looking............

Steve

Reply to
SteveB

Nope. I've done enough dumb things over the years that the novelty has worn off. I just accept I'm human and move on.

Pete Keillor

Reply to
Pete Keillor

That is NOT how you are supposed to do "reverse polarity" ...

mikey

Reply to
Mike Fields