Speaking of winmiter...

--The thing is my eyes aren't all that great and, although the program makes a dandy template it's *really* hard for me to see the very fine line the program draws! Does anyone know how to rewrite the thing to make a bolder, or darker line?

Reply to
steamer

David Billington

If you are printing - in the print tool - use 4 pixels. I bet 1 is use.

As I see - it doesn't use that function. Some CAD tools do. I don't see it in the basic print tool either.

Hum. Maybe print it to a file - then print from there...

Martin Martin Eastburn @ home at Lions' Lair with our computer lionslair at consolidated dot net NRA LOH & Endowment Member NRA Second Amendment Task Force Charter Founder IHMSA and NRA Metallic Silhouette maker & member

steamer wrote:

Reply to
Martin H. Eastburn

steamer wrote in news:44637444$0$65461 $ snipped-for-privacy@news.sonic.net:

I found that the "reading glasses" from the drug store worked wonders for closeup work for aging eyes. I had cataract surgary on me right eye recently and had the implant set for a focus of about 9" (they won't garrenty the distance). Now I work in the shop and on the computer mostly without glasses.

Ken

Reply to
Ken Moffett

First, if you are making a paper template, cut along the line with scissors, and then wrap the template around the pipe, and spray bomb it to mark the pipe.

Second, for template work, I find a cheap Cad program usually works a bit better than winmiter, but it takes a bit longer. Ten minutes, instead of two... but you can usually set the line thickness when you go to plot.

Reply to
Wayne Bengtsson

Maybe scan it and darken the line...

Martin Martin Eastburn @ home at Lions' Lair with our computer lionslair at consolidated dot net NRA LOH & Endowment Member NRA Second Amendment Task Force Charter Founder IHMSA and NRA Metallic Silhouette maker & member

Wayne Bengtss>

Reply to
Martin H. Eastburn

Wayne, OT: Which cheap CAD program? I.e., I should break down and just get one and learn it up but which one would be recommended? (We're not talking high level engineering here.) David

Reply to
David Todtman

--It's that first step that's the toughy; can't see the line to cut it!

--Recommendations appreciated; and how do you get the one program to work within the other one?

Reply to
steamer

Depending on your printer you can adjust the ink volume to high and get a darker line.

michael

Reply to
pipedope