3D Balloons

I have an exploded assembly that only contains 6 different parts. The drawing has a table with a repeat region to list the various parts.

The region is used to create BOM balloons. My Boss would like to include the exploded assembly complete with balloons in the User Manual, but he wants it as a shaded JPG. Can balloons be added to a shaded assembly in WF2? Or maybe just notes with leaders? How would I do this?

Thanks

Reply to
Peter

Better get WF3! Supposedly a shaded view is possible with this version. And I can't see why a shaded, isometric view wouldn't be able to handle BOM balloons. But, sorry, not in WF2!

David Janes

Reply to
David Janes

No first hand experience but I'll offer some thoughts 'bout where I'd go ...

Help Pro/Engineer Fundamentals Creating Various Annotation Types Symbols To Add Symbols to a 3D Model ...

which tells you to use Edit > Setup, but look also at Insert > Model Datum > Annotation > Add > Symbol.

I'd guess linking to a repeat region is outta the question. Maybe create part parameters and link to them in the repeat region to keep everything singing on the same page?

Reply to
Jeff Howard

... seems to work (at least as well as any 3D annotations which I have yet to get a really good handle on) using either interface.

Reply to
Jeff Howard

Reply to
Peter

Glad you found something more-r-less acceptable for the purpose. Like I said, my grasp of this is pretty weak but some random thoughts after a little dinking around ...

Plane aligned note and symbol orientation is determined by the plane's X axis definition. If all else fails define a plane by three points to get what you want. If you are using a simple symbol like a balloon / bubble just rotate in the definition dialog. Notes, too, but elbows may (?) present a problem.

If you have a pdf print device installed you might try printing the image instead of jpg. Image quality is better and the leaders will probably show better. Changing note / symbol color may help or be a necessity. (I think I've simply switch color schemes to Black on White before printing in the past with good results.)

Annotation Element symbols can be moved using Edit > Setup > Symbol > Move (or something like that). I couldn't figure out how to move one using the Datum Annotation interface.

- - -

One thing I'd don't know and would like to: Is it possible to set model annotation leader arrow size and type?

Reply to
Jeff Howard

Jeff, the information that you provided certainly helped and got me experimenting and reading more, but like you, I can't find a way to change the leader arrow size. I will let you know if I discover how (probably while looking for something else). Thanks again.

Reply to
Peter