Spot welding Starter

Thanks to all for your active newsgroup, Recently I had a Starter Motor that my Auto Electician gave up on. Studs rusted in and hard to find parts for the Lucas Starter,Lister engine. The listed price for a new one 750 Dollars Austalian ouch. So with time and patience I got it a part and found nothing too seriously stuffed. My Problem was solding the new brushes, I could not get enough heat onto the heavy copper wires. I could see that the originals were spot welded so in act of desperation not haveing a spotwelder and not wanting to admit defeat to my auto electrian I used a couple of quick spots with my Mig. Starter now is fixed but I am worried that the differant metals may cause Electrolysis and so early Falure. Any thoughts

Keith McPherson snipped-for-privacy@dodo.com.au delete "here" for return email

Reply to
Keith McPherson