Starter Motor Problen

Hello I have a starter motor from my Lister engine. I hadnt used it for around two years when I came to use it it didnt work very well. so I stripped it down and cleaned it. But it still isnt working properly. If I cross the th solinoid spade connecter with the live terminal the solenoid kicks out but the motor dosnt spin. If I cross the two solenoid large terminals the moter spins.

Am I right in thinking the solenoid spade terminal goes to the live side of the battery via the starter botton.

Cheers Charlie

Reply to
Charlie

Yes

Sounds like a dodgy solenoid.

You might be able to dismantle it & clean it up, if not you can quite likely buy a new solenoid on its own from a decent auto electrical repair shop.

Cheers Tim

Cheers Tim

Reply to
Tim Leech