Steel Boat

I have a boat for sale.

Now, are you so hypnotized by hype that you can't see a good deal when you trip over it? Let's see.

This is a steel hulled trawler that I have let go to the dogs. It needs a welder and a house-cleaner to put her back in shape.

It is diesel powered, has all of the amenities including stereo and microwave oven. The engine hasn't been started in a long time. The boat desperately needs a "bottom-job".

It is appx. 40 foot overall and is in the Houston area.

I don't want any games or tire kickers as I don't have time for that. I could fix this up and make a lot more money but I don't have the time.

You want a yacht with everything on it including autopilot, radar, etc. for under 10 k? If so, just try me with a real and serious offer and you will probably have your dream and I can get this off of my back.

reply here as email isn't good. Be ready to give your phone number and address before we go very far with this as I am tired of tire-kickers.

Reply to
Neptune

Well, I see that my previous ad drew no responses so, let me try to say this again in another way.

I have a steel boat for sale that needs about two weeks worth of work such as welding, cleaning and a small amount of painting.

This boat is designed to go almost anywhere and is rugged and has everything on it that one could want. It is diesel and has a huge range.

I want to get out of boating and am very willing to accept almost any offer. Believe this or not but I am willing to take much less than

10k for this vessel.

Again, this boat is loaded and needs some welding and cleaning. If you are willing to do that, you can have a boat for a tiny fraction of what one would normally cost.

reply here please.

Quoted: I have a boat for sale. Quoted: Quoted: Now, are you so hypnotized by hype that you can't see a good deal when Quoted: you trip over it? Let's see. Quoted: Quoted: This is a steel hulled trawler that I have let go to the dogs. It Quoted: needs a welder and a house-cleaner to put her back in shape. Quoted: Quoted: It is diesel powered, has all of the amenities including stereo and Quoted: microwave oven. The engine hasn't been started in a long time. Quoted: The boat desperately needs a "bottom-job". Quoted: Quoted: It is appx. 40 foot overall and is in the Houston area. Quoted: Quoted: I don't want any games or tire kickers as I don't have time for that. Quoted: I could fix this up and make a lot more money but I don't have the Quoted: time. Quoted: Quoted: You want a yacht with everything on it including autopilot, radar, Quoted: etc. for under 10 k? If so, just try me with a real and serious offer Quoted: and you will probably have your dream and I can get this off of my Quoted: back. Quoted: Quoted: reply here as email isn't good. Be ready to give your phone number Quoted: and address before we go very far with this as I am tired of Quoted: tire-kickers. Quoted:

Reply to
Neptune

Must have been your winning personality...

Reply to
Tom Lawrence

Mebbe so. Seems like a lot of people let their emotions prevent them from realizing a steal right before their eyes.

Quoted: > Well, I see that my previous ad drew no responses so, let me try to Quoted: > say this again in another way. Quoted: Quoted: Must have been your winning personality... Quoted:

Reply to
Neptune

wrote: Mebbe so. Seems like a lot of people let their emotions prevent them from realizing a steal right before their eyes. ^^^^^^^^^^^ I think in your zeal to avoid overselling your boat, you made it sound horrible.

Reply to
Leo Lichtman

What engine? How many hours on it and long since last overhaul? Is there an auxillary? Can you tell me what the (original) hull plating thickness is? How thin has it gotten in the worst places? Will the engine turnover/start/run as is? Can it make it to New Orleans by sea and under its own power, as is? Air start or electric start? Where/when was it built? Hydraulic or mechanical steering? Backup system? Fuel consumption? Were thorough logs kept, especially the engine log? What do the fuel tanks look like, inside?

I saw in your previous post that you had not started the engine in a long time. Is there a reason for that? You should probably take it out in the gulf for a couple of days and shake everything down before trying to sell it. (Take PLENTY of fuel filters and lube oil filters after that long of a layup, or you'll be sorry!!!!!) More info would nelp non-Houstonians decide whether or not to make a trip to Houston for a look-over.

Reply to
putyourspamhere2000

Ummm...a few other bits of info might help your sale. Things like...size? How long? Beam? Draft? Or maybe the style of boat...tug? Skif? Trawler? Freighter? What?

It might also be nice to know where on the planet the boat is located, and whether it's possible to go take a look at it.

Also, when you say it has a huge range, does this mean it will go a long way between refuelings, or that you can cook for a large crew?

That may be a really outstanding price, or pretty steep. It really depends on knowing more about it.

You might also consider advertising in a boating newsgroup, rather than a welding one. Probably even more boaters in one of those.

Is this one being watched by the DEA? Or any history of criminal use that might make for an interesting boarding someday?

Maybe the above info was in your prior message...I just got here and it doesn't appear to be around anymore.

-- Mike B.

---------------------------------------------------------------- To reply via e-mail, remove the 'foolie.' from the address. I'm getting sick of all the SPAM...

Mike Bartman

I probably would be interested but I have watched here for a while now and no real info forthcoming. And no way to contact you??? Too bad really.

Dave