Steel Shot for Positioning

I followed Earnie's advice and bought a bag of shot. It works great for positioning small parts for welding.

Has anyone had problems with the little fellas rusting? I only heat my shop when I'm there, so at this time of year I see alot of condensation. I'm afraid they'll rust and I wond get a good ground.

Ed

Reply to
Ed

Spray some rust inhibitive oil on them and mix them around to coat them. It shouldn't inhibit the welding arc and I doubt it will contaminate the welds at all.

Reply to
Ernie Leimkuhler

the oil could catch fire. If you use bee bees they are copper plated.

Reply to
Paul Calman