stupid question time...

Today, I had a welding job (at work of all places) that required
more welding between breaks than I'm currently used to doing and my
regulator kept frosting over to the point where I'd have to stop,
light up a cig and run a heat gun on the regulator for a bit to regain
gas flow for the next series of welds.
it was rather humid (drizzle/misting outside) and temp in the shop was
about 50 *F
Now, keep in mind, I used to do a lot more welding at a stretch in the
past (different shop) and rarely would I run into a frosted regulator,
granted, i was running C10 and straight CO2 then, and now I'm running
C25
Anyone got any ideas about the wherefores and possible fixes?
--
Big Ben
the "not that I minded the cig break tho'...." Slug

Site Timeline