the Clarke name brand

Has anyone had any expireince with these mech. http://store.weldingdepot.com/cgi/weldingdepot/WE6519.html or http://store.weldingdepot.com/cgi/weldingdepot/WE6523.html
or the weldingDepot for that matter
No Clarke experience but have ordered several times from WD with no problems. When you count shipping, you don't save a lot over a local shop...for me it was better than driving to the big city.

On Sat, 05 Jun 2004 12:29:58 GMT, "BluCalash"
What do you plan on welding?
I am looking to upgrade from my lincoln 90 amp mig and i want the most bang for my buck.does anyone hve any other ideas?

Buy a bigger Lincoln....

Some Sears stores have that Clarke welder on their shelf that you can look at. It is also in their tool catalog.
Money is always tight but I would try to upgrade to 175amp welder powered by 220V. It will be cheaper in long run as next upgrade will not be needed right away.
220 is not an option for i only have 120 in my garage and i rent so paying a pro to wire up my landlords place isnt something i want to do either.thant for the tip about sears thou tomorrow i will go check it out .thanks again.

BluCalash wrote:

Option to look into - dryer plug and extension cord.
I have the 130EN Mig (gas/no gas). I'm new to welding but I really like this unit. I've been practicing and it appears to work really well. You can always upgrade to the gas for about $50 for the regulator. I did a lot of research and I found it to be the best bang for the buck. But what do I know, I'm a rookie. ;)
Rosscoe