EWM inverter pulse tig

Tried an EWM 220amp 220v inverter tig today. Has very impressed indeed, and have heard a local marine engineering company is using one 8 hours a day, in a production capacity.

Its very very easy to program and store up to seven different weld schedules, and these can also be changed easily if need be.

The only drawback is the price (£UK3000). Wonder if anyone else using this forum has any experience of EWM equipment..................seems very good to me!

Reply to
gaspode

Never tried one but they have some great kit on their website! Only thing that puts me off inverters is the fact that they can go pop and need £1000's spending on em to get fixed, but guess most tigs are inverter based these days. Looks good but likewise if anybody has personal experience I'd like to hear too.

We seem to have far less kit over in the UK than our stateside cousins.

Jonathan

I have been using an EWM Triton 220A over the last few days, and it seems extremely well made, and there is also the added bonus that all the electronic parts are made in house by EWM, which means service and backup should be a lot better, than other manufacturers, who seem to assemble machines, with parts sourced from many different locations.

Reply to
gaspode