brazing to chrome plate

A friend wants to repair pits in chromed motorcycle fork legs. At first I thought his suggesion to try to fill the pits (better seal life) by brazing was doomed to failure. First I figured the heat would tend to murder the chrome>steel "bond", and second I was not at all sure brazing allow would "stick" to chrome, nevermind the pits seem to be holes in the chrome with rusty steel at the bottom.

Then I saw these brazing rods at the Aubuchon website. They specificaly mention chrome plate.

The Bernzomatic site does NOT mention chrome plate.

Anybody any suggestions?

Thanks,

Dan T

Reply to
djtcz

Best way is to use epoxy glue; JB weld, araldite or something like that.

Reply to
mb

I can't imagine brazing to chrome plating. I'll be watching what the experts have to say on this one. Hey Ernie..........

Lane

Reply to
Lane

Brazing temps would be too high for the plating to stay on. Soldering can work at lower temps.

Reply to
Ernie Leimkuhler

Roy J