Tombstone maint question

I picked up a used Lincoln Tombtone a few years back, at a pawn shop. When I got it home, I simply hooked up an extension from my electric range and ran a short bead out in my yard. Just to see if it worked. It seemed to run okay. I never got a 220 outlet installed for it, until this month. And now when I tried it, ran okay, except that on two settings on DC it would not strike an arc. Otherwise it seemed to run good and stay constant. I kept trying all the settings (AC too) and it finally ended up arcing on all settings. So exercising the rotary selector must have cleaned the contacts. . . . . My question... should I leave the sleeping dog lie, or would spraying some TV tuner cleaner in on the rotary selector switch be okay? . . . . By the way, I nearly dropped when I saw an indentical new machine, at a local welding supply, for almost $600. I thought I overpaid for mine ($220). I only got it because I though it had a huge 240 v. extension. It turned out the pile of heavy cable was a 16 foot 220 v extension, and two 50 foot 600 amp leads... with the price of copper now, the leads would cost that much.

Reply to
charles

RoyJ

HUH? List price is higher than the selling price even with a middle man?

- Regards Gordie

Reply to
The Nolalu Barn Owl

Reply to